The New York Times #1 Best-Selling Relationship Book of All Time: MEN ARE FROM MARS, WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, reveals 3 tips to improve your relationship.
“You cannot, nor should you ever try to, change your partner. That is his or her job. Your job is to change the ways you communicate, react and respond to your partner.”
“When we expect our partners to be more like us, we are automatically giving them the message that they are not good enough the way they are.”
1. Give & Take To Improve Your Relationship.
- “Motivation.” Feeling validated motivates a woman to work on the relationship. A man can give her validation by listening to her pain and frustration.
- “Responsibility.” A man must accept accountability for letting his partner do all the work in the relationship. Conversely, a woman must take responsibility for neglecting to set boundaries.
- “Practice.” Once a woman learns how to set limits, her partner must learn to respect them. This takes improved communication and practice.
“Gender insight helps us to be more tolerant and forgiving when someone doesn’t respond the way we think he or she should.”
“Just as a man is fulfilled through working out the intricate details of solving a problem, a woman is fulfilled through talking about the details of her problem.”
Tips to improve your relationship starts with knowing your partner. Motivate, take responsibility, and practice, practice, practice…
2. He Said, She Said. Pro Tip, Stop Fighting.
- Accept responsibility for arguing.
- Remove yourself from the argument and take a breather.
- Analyze your approach and the language you use.
- Consider if you are giving your partner what he or she needs.
- Reconnect in a loving and respectful manner.
“Emotionally charged arguments and quarrels can be avoided if we can understand what our partner needs and remember to give it.”
“Men and women seldom mean the same things even when they use the same words.”
“Unclear and unloving communication is the biggest problem in relationships.”
These types of miscommunication is the reason why anyone in a relationship should learn these tips to improve their relationship.
3. Put It In Writing. Most Effective to Improve Relationship.
- Write a Love Letter expressing your feelings of anger, sadness, fear, regret and love.
- Write a Response Letter expressing what you want to hear from your partner.
- Share your Love Letter and Response Letter with your partner.
“Asking for love and support is essential to the success of any relationship.”
“Most of our complex emotional needs can be summarized as the need for love.”
- 11 Ways to Improve Your Romantic Relationship
- 7 Simple Steps to Improve Your Relationship
- 20 top tips to improve your relationship
- 101 Relationship Tips from Dating Experts
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus. The Classic Guide to Understanding the Opposite Sex. Harper Collins. January 6, 2004. 368.
- Photo by iStock