The average man walks over 7,000 steps a day, and the average woman walks over 5,000 steps. Each step you take places pressure on your feet-equal to 2-3 times your body’s weight. That means your feet are more likely to be injured than other parts of your body.
10 Steps How To Take Care Of Your Feet.
Years of wear and tear can be hard on your feet. But you can prevent many foot problems with these simple steps:
- Keep your feet clean and dry.
- Apply a moisturizer after washing and drying your feet. Do not use the moisturizer between your toes.
- Cut your toenails straight across. Don’t cut them too short and don’t cut into the corners of the nail. This will help you avoid ingrown toenails.
- Use a large nail clipper.
- Wear shoes that fit your feet.
- Try not to wear the same pair of shoes everyday.
- Change your shoes at least once a day.
- If you are buying new shoes, shop at the end of the day. That is the time when your feet will be at their largest.
- Wear shoes at all times to protect your feet from injury.
- Wear clean, dry socks or nonbinding pantyhose that fit well to avoid blisters or sores.
Related Guide(s) – Foot Care
- Complete Foot Care. How To Take Care Of Your Feet.
- Foot Care Inserts & Insoles. How To Avoid Foot Pain.
- How To Stop Foot Sweat And Odor. How To Prevent Stinky Feet.
- How To Avoid & Treat Athlete’s Foot.
- How Do You Treat Corns & Calluses On Your Feet.
- How To Treat Warts On Your Feet And Between Toes.
- The Average Daily Steps People Walk
- 5 ways to keep your feet healthy for better mobility
- 5 Ways to Take Better Care of Your Feet
- 8 Ways to Treat Your Feet Right
- 5 Ways to Take Care of Your Feet Every Day
- iStock Photo