- A low credit score can cost you thousands of dollars.
- Even one late payment can badly damage your score.
- Insurance companies and landlords use credit scores to evaluate applicants.
- Credit bureau-based scoring systems, which lenders began using in the mid-1980s, use data from millions of borrowers.
- Your credit accounts, credit inquiries and public records make up your credit score.
- Check your credit report at least once a year.
- Identity theft is every consumer’s worst nightmare.
- Use a document shredder to prevent identity theft.
- If bankruptcy is your only option, use it.
- Errors in your credit report won’t fix themselves. Take action.
- 10 Reasons Why Your Credit Score Is Like Your Report Card Of Life.
- Understanding the Report Card of Life. Your Credit Score in 5 Parts.
- 3 Ways How You Can Take Advantage Of Credit Cards.
- 4 Credit Fixes To Avoid Financial Depression. How To Bail Out Your Own Financial Meltdown.
- 3 Ways How To Improve Your Credit Score. How To Improve Your Life Report Card.
- 5 Credit Myth Busters. It Doesn’t Hurt To Know The Truth.
- Your Credit Score. How to Fix, Improve, and Protect the 3-Digit Number that Shapes Your Financial Future. Liz Pulliam Weston
FT Prentice Hall, 2007. Pages: 224
- Photo by iStock